Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pfeifferhorn



I have wanted to get up Pfeifferhorn for a long time and wouldn't you know but in the last three weeks I got up there twice! What an awesome climb and an incredible view. The first time I attempted to do it I went with Joe Mcelaney. We left early one morning on a dawn patrol. It was dark and we got on the White Pine trail instead of the Red Pine trail. Dumb mistake considering I've been up there many times but it had been a few years. So the next week Matt Wilburn and I got up real early. 3:30 AM we left the house. On the trail at 4:15...this time we hit Red Pine trail on up to the lake and in the dark to the ridge line. Just as the sun was rising we summited. Back to the car by 10ish and to the office after a nap by 12:00. Great way to start a Friday and a great time with a good friend, Matt.

No comments: