Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pfeifferhorn Again...Sept 25,10







Hit the Pfeiff again! That's twice in a couple of weeks. This time I took the scouts up to Red Pine. It was a hard climb in to the lake with packs. We got there in the dark and ate dinner and promptly hit the sack at about 10:00. I had in my mind that I may try and hit the summit the next day but wasn't sure I could pull it off because I didn't think the boys wanted to go up. About 4:30 in the morning I couldn't sleep and I heard Josh rolling around as well. I asked Josh if he was awake and he said he was. I then asked him if he wanted to get up and hit Pfeifferhorn. His eyes lit up and he jumped out of his warm sleeping bag and quickly got dressed. I can't believe how that boy loves to climb. I whispered into the other tents seeing if I could get any other recruits and the only one I could stir was Ted Broman. He said he wanted to go so the three of us headed out. It was a great morning and there were two Dads left with the boys so we knew they would be fine. We pushed up and summited about 10 minutes after sunrise. It was a beautiful morning. Josh did great as usual. He is quite the climber for a nine year old. He just pushes and pushes with no complaining. I wouldn't be surprised if he reaches his goal of Everest one day. We returned to camp about 8:45, had breakfast, packed up and headed down the mountain. Another great camp...great to get to another peak with my boy. I think it is quite the accomplishment to have climbed Lone peak twice, Timp, and Pfeifferhorn by 9 yrs old. I hope to have many more with him. There is nothing quite like the bond I feel with Josh when we are climbing together.

No comments: