Monday, October 26, 2009

Mt Olmypus Oct. 22

Left work a bit early today and decided to make a quick trip up Mt. Olympus. I stare at the mountain every day out my window and I hadn't done this for a few years...it was calling my name. I started about 4:00 and it took me an hour and a half to get to the top. It was much tougher than I remembered. It is a really steep climb. The 3.2 miles doesn't seem like much, but it really kicked my butt. The 4000 ft of verticle climb is what gets you. The last bit is just about straight up. You are scrambling up cliffs to get to the summit. It is an incredible view from the top. You are towering over the Salt Lake Valley and the views over into Big Cottonwood are awesome. Great views of Twin, Sunset, and Dromedary. It took me an hour to get down...got home by 7:00.

No comments: